CENTRL Office Health & Safety Updates
(Updated August 20, 2020)
As always, the safety of our members and staff are our number one priority. Over the last several months we have been closely monitoring the guidance and recommendations provided by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), the federal government, and local governments.
Based on the guidance we’ve received from these agencies, we continue to keep our workspaces open to our members and have instituted a number of health and safety updates to safeguard our members and employees.
Our members are asked to please adhere to these policies:
- Avoid groups of more than 10 people in all offices, meeting rooms, and workspaces
- Keep a social distance of six feet from all other people when possible
- Regularly wash hands with soap and use hand sanitizer stations
- Refrain from consuming any of the beer or kombucha available on tap and use plastic cups for water
- Remember that meeting room occupancy is now less than 50%
- Check-in on Office R&D when entering your workspace so that we can track occupancy of the building at all times
- Wear a mask while in commons areas or when social distancing is not possible
- Use a provided wipe to clean common area surfaces that you touched (our staff and cleaning crew will also be periodically doing this throughout the day)
- Immediately contact us at email@example.com if you are diagnosed with COVID-19
For more details on how we have updated our workspaces, please view our Safety Handbook.
For members of our Los Angeles location, we have some specific policies as instructed by local authorities:
- The kitchen tables will remain closed for congregating and you must follow all of the kitchen guidelines outlined on the facility signage.
- All guests/visitors must check in here or be registered through the member portal.
- Visitors must wear cloth face coverings during their visit. This applies to all adults and to children over the age of 2. Only individuals with chronic respiratory conditions or other medical conditions that make use of a mask hazardous are exempted from this requirement.
- Visitors arriving at the worksite with children must ensure that their children stay next to a parent, avoid touching any other person or any item that does not belong to them, and are masked if age permits.
While we have made updates to our health and safety policies, all CENTRL Office mail services, printers, wi-fi, and other IT services remain available to members. Please also note that, at this time, Community Managers will be available in workspaces during limited hours on weekdays (9am to 4pm).
Additionally, if a COVID-19 case is reported in a workspace or building, we will follow protocol closely. That protocol will depend on the details of the situation, but will include closing the building to disinfect affected areas and quarantining anyone who potentially came in contact with the patient while they were contagious. As soon as the building is appropriately cleaned, we anticipate allowing anyone not still in quarantine to return to the workspace following CDC and public health department direction.
We have determined these policies from the guidance we are receiving from federal, state, and local governments and health agencies. If we receive new guidance, we will update our policies and communicate them to all members as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as we can.
Thank you and be safe,
The CENTRL Office Team